DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Update

The ride to the doctors today was so sureal. I never thought I would be doing this again so soon. I remember driving for my six week check and thinking, "It's so nice I won't be coming back here all the time!" Wrong! Anyway, the doctor has "guestimated" that I am 10 weeks along already, and has put my temporary due date at...as if things could get any worse....DECEMBER 25TH!!!! What are the statistical chances of that crap? She says my uterus is actually feeling in size that I am 12 weeks or farther, but she thinks it is just because it didn't have a chance to deflate from Charlie completely. She listened with the doplar machine and heard the blood flow already established in the placenta putting me at past 8 weeks, but she couldn't hear the heart beat so I can't yet be 12. This also matches what Jeff and I think may be the possible conception date, so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. I will be getting an ultrasound on May 30th to get a more specific age for the baby. It was really nice to talk to Cindy my midwife, and Dr. Clemmer the OB. They were both so upbeat and positive about the whole situation that I ended up feeling a lot better about things after I left. (Well, except for the due date of course, that is still ridiculous.) I had about 4 gallons of blood taken, and lots of tests run, so hopefully everything comes out okay.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Two kids in one calendar year is quite the accomplishment! ;)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0