DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

They are Truly Brothers

I have had the intense priviledge over the past week of watching my two sons become truly brothers. Evan has always been interested in Charlie, but Charlie has just started to be able to interact with him. Usually while we are eating dinner I hold Charlie on my lap, as he likes to be part of the action. The last few days, his whole attention has been focused on Evan, and he has babbled away to him the entire meal in cute baby conversation. He even starts giggling every time Evan smiles at him. If Evan crosses his field of vision, he smiles and laughs at him, and of course, Evan is just tickled. Evan was upset with me last night because I forgot to bring Charlie in to say good night to him and get a kiss. It has just melted my heart! I know we also have arguments and rivalry ahead of us, but what a treat to watch your children form that bond that will hold them close. I remember being so worried when I was pregnant if this baby was the right thing for Evan, and this has really driven it home that it is EXACTLY what Evan needed.

So...shout out to Christi...yes, your relationship with Alyssa might change, but in a good way. And what a blessing for both of you for her to have a whole new person to love the rest of her life. I know you will just melt to pieces when you see this happening with your own. I can't wait to watch!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Damn you! Here come the tears again. :) But thanks . . . I needed that. Keep those moments coming!

Adam said...

I love the facination Alyssa shows with Lenka when she visits. It's really cute! It helps me to see that having another kid can be a good thing. ;)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0