DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 05, 2006

Bombshell

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."
~ Sir Winston Churchill
This is going to be my mantra for my life over the next several years. Jeff and I found out last Tuesday, the day after we closed on the new house mind you, that I am pregnant again. I'll wait a few seconds for everyone to pick themselves up from the floor or to reattach their jaws. We had been shopping for our new fridge on Monday afternoon and I had to go to the bathroom a lot. Jeff said that I was acting pregnant. I of course thought he was crazy, but wanting to put his mind at ease, bought a test the next day, intending to make him feel better and assure him that I wasn't. Only I was. It immediately turned positive. At first, I was completely devastated. Physically and emotionally I didn't feel ready to have another child. I guess I still don't physically. Having a 10 pounder takes it out of you. I hope there are enough nutrients left in this body of mine for the new one. Emotionally, I am feeling better. Jeff and I have decided that this is most assuredly our last one, so I feel better knowing this is the last time (although a bit melancholy about it as well). I love the fact that Charlie will have someone to be close to and to have as a playmate. I know that we will get through that first tough year, and after that I will love it. We will be done with diapers pretty close to the same time, potty train around the same time, etc. Also, I have one more chance for a girl. Not that I'm counting on that one. I am preparing myself to have "my three sons", which would be nice too. I love my boys. So anyway, I guess this blog might become a pretty interesting place as I document the absolute CHAOS at the Micek/Kleffman house.
In other news, Jeff is back from Atlanta (Praise the Lord!!!) I have been missing him oodles. It will be nice to have my own personal space heater back in bed. Has anyone ever noticed the amount of heat that males put off while they are asleep? They are better than electric blankets.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Congrats Christy! We're (Christi and I) are here for you!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0