DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

New Keys

It's officially official! Jeff and I closed on the house yesterday!!! What an experience...writing your name about 20,000 times (yes, Jeff I KNOW I am exagerating). We had an interesting end experience with our lender, Lending Tree. We had been pretty happy with the other people we worked with, and the beginning of the process. Towards the end we were assigned to our loan processor. I don't know if she just started working there or what, but she knew NOTHING! To make a long story short, she tried to over charge us on our final statement by around $3,000. She also forgot to wire the funds to the title office prior to our closing, so it was a bit of a fiasco and we had to wait around a bit, but my awesome accountant husband caught all of her errors, and it turned out okay in the end. (I am hoping Adam that you and Christi chose another company....sorry!!! It had all been good when I talked to you!!!) Anyway, we now have keys, and we take possession tomorrow. The people leaving are having the carpets cleaned by Stanley Steamer for us today so that I don't have to go in tomorrow and do it myself (joy of joys!) My mom and I are heading over tomorrow night to clean cupboards, bathrooms, etc. and then we start moving in clothes and small stuff Thursday night. The CREW comes on Friday, and we do the big stuff then. I can't believe it! To celebrate we bought our new refrigerator, which will be arriving on Saturday. EEEEEEKKK!!!!!

2 comments:

Christi said...

YAY!!!! We stuck with our old mortgage company, so hopefully things go smoothly for us. Our new fridge gets delivered on Saturday, too! Can't wait to see the new place ~ I'm sooooooo excited for you guys!!!

Adam said...

Nice to have the accountant hubby, eh?

We decided to go with the condescending-to-Christi local lady.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0