DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Final Walkthrough

We had our final walk through on the house yesterday evening. The couple we are buying the house from were there when we went through, which at first made me uncomfortable because I didn't want to be turning on and off the lights and running the appliances while they were still there. But it turned out to be a really nice thing. They are a sweet as pie older couple, and the husband, Ron, took us on a tour through the house where he pointed out to us how to work all of the gadgets and appliances, how to change filters here and there, how the new radon mitigation system works, and how to care for the hot tub. He even pointed out features to us that we hadn't noticed initially-like that there is a gas line hook up on the outside of the house right off the deck so that we can hook up a gas grill without ever having to worry about a propane tank!!! Everytime I go through the house I love it more and more. So everything checked out, and we are set to close tomorrow at 12:00. YIKES!! WE ALMOST OWN THE HOUSE FOR REAL!!!!!
We packed like madmen all weekend, and ended up with a house full of chaos and boxes, and super sore muscles and backs. We went out for dinner yesterday at Village Inn just to pretend for an hour we don't live like horses in a barn, and to sit on our butts for a bit. The waiter was kind enough to forget to ring in our order, so we got FREE PIE!!! Which is exactly what I needed to end a heck of a day. I cannot wait until this is done, and I can start putting things away and knowing they will stay there. I cannot wait until I can go in my hot tub with a book and relax. Maybe with a beer even. Who am I kidding? I hate beer. Maybe a wine cooler.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Sign me up for the book and wine cooler tour of the hot tub! ;) Congrats on everything going so smoothly and I'll be thinking about you today!!!

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0