DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Florence Nightengale and the Three Pigs (well...maybe 2)

I have been playing Florence Nightengale for about the last week and a half in our house. The Monday before last, Charlie came down with his first cold. He had a cough (bad enough to loose his voice) and a really stuffy nose. No fun for an infant! Makes it hard to sleep and eat...and then last Thursday night Jeff came down with a fever, chills, a headache, bodyaches, etc. He was MISERABLE until Sunday morning. I quarantined him to the bedroom, and Charlie and I spent the weekend sleeping on the pullout couch downstairs. I REALLY didn't want Charlie to catch it since his baptism was on Sunday. By Sunday morning, Jeff's fever was mostly gone at 100 degrees, so we decided to chance it, and he came along to church for the baptism, which I was really glad about. But, by that afternoon, he had started to loose his voice, had a lot of congestion, and a slightly sore throat. New bug! By about 9:30 that night, his fever was on the way back up too. I took him in to Midwest Minor Medical on Monday night and they gave him an antibiotic and some prescription strength Mucinex. (Keep in mind all this time that Charlie still has his cold as well, and is miserable). Jeff's fever decided to hang around until WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON!!!! He was finally better today, and went back to work. Charlie and I were pretty sick of sleeping downstairs by this point. And now of course, I am sick. I have completely lost my voice and have a lot of congestion. The only one without germs is lucky Evan. Do I sound like I am complaining? I guess I am a bit. It was a yucky week taking care of a sick baby AND a sick husband. At least the baptism went well. I made it through with only a little bit of tears, and had fun at the party afterwards.

I am trying to get a lot of packing done from now until Tuesday, when we are out of school for spring break. I have thrown away so much crap it is amazing. Hopefully we will be mostly done by Tuesday, because we move in 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0