DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Eventful Week...

A lot has gone on this week. My friend Jeff Luken's Mom passed away suddenly on Thursday. He lives in Connecticut, and it has been a little frustrating being far away when something goes wrong for a friend. I hope he knows how much his Omaha friends care for him, and that we are sending our love and prayers. As we head towards the holiday of Thanksgiving, it just reminded me how lucky I am to have such an awesome family, and to be so close to my parents, brothers, and sister. Life can change in an instant, and it is important to sometimes remember that.

My cousin Ryan, who was more like a brother to me growing up than a cousin, shipped out from Germany to Iraq on November 3rd. We still haven't heard from him to see how he is doing. His dad (who is a Major in the Army) tells us this is normal, and that it takes awhile to get where they're going, but it is like being on pins and needles. I have the utmost respect for Ryan's wife Ashley, who is waiting through this on her own in Germany. I pray for him everyday, and I know God is with him wherever he is.

The nursery is going to be finished up with decorating, paint, and new woodwork this week. Soon we will be able to start assembling furniture! I am so excited! It is finally starting to take shape. Jeff and I both admit that it is the nicest room in the house, and Jeff says this is why we can officially call the baby "Prince Charles". Blech. My Charlie would never do anything dumb like marrying Camilla Parker Bowles. We have the crib ordered, and it should be here in about 2 weeks. All we need now is a dresser, and we are good to go as far as furniture are concerned. (Although we still need a swing, a diaper genie, baby monitor, a car seat, etc. etc. etc.) I talked to my awesome friend Christi this morning about how much I love to just go sit and rock in the room, look at the walls, and feel close to my baby. She totally understood what I meant. I am so glad (all the time, but especially at moments like these) that she and her husband decided to stay in Nebraska. It is so nice to have someone that really understands what silly, emotional, strange things you feel as a mother. I am so lucky to know her!

Next week is going to be crazy too. We take Evan in for his testing at Children's Hospital on Wednesday, since we have the day off from school. I still haven't told Evan since I don't want him to worry ahead of time. Besides, I am doing enough worrying for the both of us!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0