DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 15, 2011

Splish Splash

I am sad it took me half the summer to accomplish this, but I am so glad this is ready for us to enjoy!


It's just one of those above ground pools, but we have wanted one for years.  It took Evan and I 3 1/2 hours to put it together, and at several points it took all the patience I possessed to not swear a blue streak in front of Evan's young ears.  The pool box boasted it would be "Easy as 1, 2, 3!" to put together.  WRONG!  But I had a bee in my bonnet, and I was determined to do try to complete it myself.  I hate having to wait for other people to help me do things.  Jeff and I aren't the handiest of people with tools and projects, and I have to ask my brother for help quite a bit.  I don't want to overburden him, so I am always tickled with myself when I can do things without help.  I proudly texted this picture to my brother and let him know he was off the hook tomorrow.

The boys took their maiden swim this afternoon and loved it.  We are expecting temps this week over 100 degrees, so hopefully this will help us stay cool.

1 comment:

John and Teresa said...

i'm impressed! 3 1/2 hours doesn't sound bad at all. you guys will have a blast soaking up the rest of summer!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0