DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Apple Orchard 2009

I love fall. I love the way it smells, the way it looks, and the way it feels. But most of all, I love all of the fun fall activities there are to do as a family. One of my favorite is our annual trip to the apple orchard.

We go to Ditmar's Orchard, right outside of Council Bluffs. This year, we had the pleasure of going with some of our favorite people: my friend Christi, and her two delicious children Alyssa and Joel. (Joel is one of my very handsome Godsons).





We rode a tractor up to the orchard, where the 5 kids got down to the serious business of selecting the best apples and finding the perfect tree.



My kids outdid themselves, and they picked 30 pounds of apples. The good part of that is that I had enough to give some to my Mom, and we will have plenty to turn into applesauce, apple pie, and apple butter. The bad part is that the bags became to heavy for Sam and Charlie to carry and I had to cart them around. Worth it for the apple desserts though, right? That's what I'm telling my aching arm muscles anyway.



We had lunch after all of our hard work. It's nice to see all of our kids together on outings. When I look at all of them together, it almost looks like they could be cousins. It must be all the blond hair and blues eyes!



It was a wonderful morning!

2 comments:

Adam said...

OMG! Look at how big your boys are getting! I guess I haven't seen them in a long time. Sammy looks so much older.

John and Teresa said...

How FUN! I hope we get a chance to go this year. We'd better hurry before everything freezes!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0