DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 25, 2009

Laid Back

We are thrilled to have a laid back weekend ahead. It drives me nuts when I have to spend the whole weekend running from one place to another, cleaning, doing laundry, and catching up on the work I can't get done during the week. The worst part of going back to work in the fall is giving up our relaxed family time on the weekends.

I have some me time planned tomorrow, and I am going to have my hair done. There is nothing more relaxing to me than having someone do your hair. Evan and I are going to church just the two of us on Saturday, and just me and the boys are going out to breakfast on Sunday morning. I am promising myself to spend as much time as I can on Sunday hanging out with my kids. I am going to soak up their sweetness.

My Mom always had a plaque hanging in whichever room was the nursery at the time that had a saying on it that went like this:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For children grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
And dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
And babies don't keep

I always pish poshed it in my mind as a child, back when time stretched on forever, and moved at a snail's pace. Now I feel time burning at my heels, and I want to bottle up my kids, keep them forever at a size where they will fit in my lap and in my arms. I wish I could make them stay an age where they will always let me plaster them with kisses.

I don't have forever, but I do have this weekend. And I am going to use it.

1 comment:

John and Teresa said...

I love this post! Something that has really hit me hard since entering adulthood is how fast time passes. It makes me sad, but thank you for reminding me that I should cherish and use the time I have instead of getting weepy and wasting it away! And we had that same saying growing up in the nursery that my mom embroidered - love it!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0