DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Thanking God for His Protection

Tonight my brother Creighton was in a very bad car accident on his way home from work. He was traveling west bound on the interstate, when he saw a large accident coming up in front of him, and he noticed that traffic was really slowing down. Creighton began to slow down as well, but was then hit from behind by a drunk driver in a van going around 70 miles an hour. The force of the impact spun his car in circles across all three lanes on the east bound side. The car stopped in the middle of a lane of traffic, facing the oncoming cars. Unable to get the car to move or to open the door, he did a "Dukes of Hazard" and climbed out the open window so he could get to the shoulder of the road.

Because of the overtime put in by his guardian angel and a God that is SO good, Creighton walked away with no major injuries. The other driver also had insurance, so we are hopeful they will replace his now ruined vehicle. Thank God he wasn't on his motorcycle, or I would be writing a very different post.

I am so thankful. SO thankful. I love that guy a lot, and I am not ready to stop pestering my little brother.

2 comments:

John and Teresa said...

I saw the pictures of his car -- thank God he is ok!

Christy M. said...

OH MY. I'm so glad he's okay. Thank God for his quick thinking to climb out the window. WOW.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0