DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Odds and Ends

So much has been going on the last couple of days! The good news first...

Evan had his first Swimtastic swim lesson yesterday and he LOVED it! He was a nervous wreck before hand about doing something new, but he had a great time! And lucky for me, the toddlers behaved themselves during the lesson while we waited in the observation area, which was a good thing because the waiting area was chock full of St. Vinnie's parents!

Sam is officially walking! He took his first steps around Christmas, was doing a little more over the weekend, but yesterday he REALLY took off and was cruising EVERYWHERE. It was so cute last night to see Charlie watching Sam walking. Charlie was absolutely hysterical with laughter.

Charlie is well on his way to being potty trained! One day over Christmas break, he came up to me and said "Potty?" I was stunned. I had never broached the subject with him, and I didn't really have any plans to tackle this yet. But, I thought, what the heck? So, I sat him down on the toilet, and low and behold-he went! That night we picked out a new potty chair together, and he has been using it at home ever since. At school this week, he has been going with all of the other toddlers and keeping his diaper dry. I am stunned. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, because this is just too easy!

Now for the BAD news...I am having more medical drama. Yesterday, the doctor called with the results of my blood work from my physical. My triglycerides, which are supposed to run in the neighborhood of 140-150 were 440! My HDL cholesterol, (the good one) is supposed to be 50, but instead was 21. These were the nurses words to me- "I don't want to scare you, but your cholesterol and triglyceride levels are dangerously out of whack. You need to start some meds immediately, or a stroke is very possible." So of course I did get scared! The doctor called later and said that it is an effect from my PCOS, and my insulin resistance problems. I am going to have to follow a special diet, see a dietician, and an endocrinologist. This was thrilling news beyond the obvious, when you consider our absolutely wretched health insurance. It looks like we will be paying a ton of money out of pocket again this year. Blech.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0