DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 05, 2010

Reading the Bible in 90 Days: First Check In

Today, Amy at Mom's Toolbox, the online leader of my Bible in 90 Days reading group, has asked each of us to do a quick introduction of ourselves, and update in the progress of our reading. So, for those of you who are regular readers, or who know me in real life, I hope you don't mind a "reintroduction" to Christy.

I am 32, (soon to be 33 in two days) and the mother of three active, energetic boys. My oldest Evan, is 11. Charlie and Sammy are Irish twins who were born 10 months and 10 days apart. Charlie is 4, and Sammy is 3. Needless to say, they all keep me on my toes. I have been married to my best friend Jeff for 5 years this month. I consider it the greatest honor and joy of my life to be wife and mother to these 4 incredible boys.

I decided to read the Bible in 90 Days because I feel very unfamiliar with large sections of scripture. I have been raised in the Catholic church, and while we hear three different scripture passages at every church service, I don't feel like there was very much emphasis placed on reading, memorizing, or understanding the Bible. I know the highlights of the old testament, like Noah and Moses, but that's it. I am so excited to know scripture in detail, and in a more personal manner. I am excited to read quickly so that I can get a historical perspective.

Although today is the official start date, I am already on Day 17 of my reading. I ordered the Bible in 90 days Bible to use, as it's in large print and contains less foot notes to distract from reading. (It is not an abridged version). When it arrived in the mail, I was so excited, I just couldn't wait to start! I am currently through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. I already know so much more than when I started, I am absolutely amazed. I am also coming up with lots of questions, and I am excited to share these with the online reading group.

This has been an amazing experience already, and I can't wait to see what comes next! Thanks for listening to my journey! You can click here to read Amy's post today.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am also joining in the challenge. Enjoyed your post and your Queen Bee signature - cute. Have a great week.

Missional Mama

A Faithful Journey said...

I am also taking part in this challenge and am beyond thrilled to see what God has in store for us all as we read through His Word!

Missie said...

Nice to meet you! I am a little ahead of the game too (too excited to wait, so I am glad I am not the only one)
Happy Early Birthday!

Debbie said...

Nice to meet you! I started reading on July 1st...am loving it! Very different from reading the Bible in a year.

I am also the mom of only boys!

Anonymous said...

Hy Christy!! Your blog is so cute! :) I am also 33yrs old - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) I am praying for you today!!

John and Teresa said...

this is so neat, christy. i should do something like this because i too feel like there is SO much i don't know. i'm always talking to john about how i want to know more but it's hard to know where to dig in.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0