DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bible in 90 Days: Check in 3

We're back from vacation! It was an awesome, relaxing week filled with sun, sand, family bonding, swims, and....Bible reading! I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the reading schedule while we were away, but it turned out to be my most prayerful reading time yet. It was so nice to take my Bible out to the deck, drink my morning coffee, look at the beauty of the lake, and spend time with God.

As a result, I am still current on my reading, and today will read day 31. I am going to finish 1 Chronicles today. This book has by far been the most challenging for me to stick with. The list of names that goes on and on is confusing, and to tell the truth, not as exciting as the previous parts of the Old Testament I have read. The overwhelming thing I have noticed is the early Israelite's intense need to record genealogy. I wish I knew why this why important to them in a cultural context.

Nonetheless, long lists of names or not, I am going to keep reading! I was excited yesterday to note that I am a third of the way through my goal! It's been a great experience so far, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Don't forget to check in here if you would like to learn more about this program-I highly recommend it!

Vacation pictures are coming soon!

2 comments:

Kara said...

That's great that you were able to stay on track during vacation! I've heard a couple of warnings that 1 Chronicles was going to be difficult.

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Awesome! I am thrilled for you that you kept up your reading over vacation. When it works out that way, my vacation reading and reflecting is usually super-amazing. When it doesn't, I know something is missing.
Keep it up!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0