DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 17, 2009

Dental Woes

So! Remember that cavity I told you about the other day? The one I had to have filled yesterday? My appointment was supposed to be at 1:00, but that morning, the receptionist called and asked me if I could move my appointment to 4:00 because "Dr. F feels like he will need more time to work on your cavity than we originally scheduled". For all of you out there who are aspiring to become dental office receptionists, here is a tip. DO NOT tell the patient the reason for moving the appointment. Especially if it involves more time to drill.

By the time 4:00 rolled around, I was a nervous wreck. It only got better when I sat down in the chair and the doctor told me, "I didn't want to mention it ahead of time, but this is a pretty serious cavity. We are going to need to give you four shots of Novocaine, as opposed to the usual three." And then? He made me wear safety goggles! Not a good sign.

After much drilling and deep breathing on my part, I was left with a sagging left side of my face, oceans of drool, an aching jaw, and this warning from the dentist: "If this doesn't work, and you feel pain or sensitivity in the tooth, we will need to do a root canal." Fab! 'Cause I SOOOO love the dentist!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0