DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Big D

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow to have a cavity filled, and I am an absolute nervous wreck about it. I hate having this done, but not because of the drilling. It's because of the novacaine. I don't know if I am allergic to the drug or just highly sensitive, but it makes me feel woozy and faint. And the worst part? It lasts about 3 times as long as it should, making mothering so much fun. It's lovely when your kids realize you can't talk, and that the drool coming out of your mouth because you can't feel a thing is a sign to them that they can get away with whatever their creative minds can think of.

On the upside, my anxiety on this upcoming event has kicked my need to organize into high gear. I have filled out and completed the 8 gazillion forms needed for Evan to go to school and be a 5th grader, and sent them back into school. I've ordered my new planner for the upcoming school year, the supplies I need for my classroom, and Evan's school uniforms for the year.

Maybe cavities aren't such a bad thing.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0