DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Crazy, Crazy, Craziness

I don't know if I will ever recover from going back to work on Thursday. My job is such an active one where I am on my feet and moving all day long that I am absolutely pooped by the time 3:00 roles around. And then after that I still have to clean up my room and head down to daycare where I have the insurmountable task of dressing Sam and Charlie like Eskimos and carting all three boys out of school. (Thank God for my baby product for the week...it's called a Bundle Me and it attaches to infant car seats so that they don't have to wear a traditional coat.) We have a double stroller now so at least I don't have to carry both of them at the same time, but it's still quite the experience. I also made the stupid decision to have Sam's Baptism and Charlie's First Birthday party today, when I really just wanted to veg (I should have had it next weekend, or even when I was still on maternity leave). We kept it really small with just grandparents and aunts and uncles, no decorations or anything, and just food prepared all by Sam's and not by me (thank God!). It ended up being nice and pretty stress free, but even so, it was very tiring. Everything seems to require 20x the energy lately. I thought back this morning to Evan's first party and how bananas I went on it. We had TONS of people over, a HUGE dinner including expensive polish sausage from Stoysich, decorations everywhere, the works. I feel bad sometimes for Sam especially that he kind of gets the dregs of things, but maybe kids don't need all of that hoopla anyway. Charlie still had fun smashing cake all over himself, and playing with new toys. Someday they both may hate me for combining the two events and not giving them separate celebrations, or for not going all out on things, but I guess I have to do what I can with the energy/time/funds that I have to work with at the time.

In Charlie news, he really started taking off walking today. He took his first steps on the 22nd of December, but he waited until today to really start getting confidence and going everywhere. He is so cute to watch! He is also teething his one year molars which makes him pretty unbearable sometimes. I am a little discouraged about his sinuses. He has been off of antibiotics for 7 days, and like clockwork, he is getting sick again with a cough and goopy nose and eyes. I cannot keep him healthy! Looks like we will be back to the doctor next week.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0