DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 16, 2006

Sad News

My family and I received sad news this week...my Grandma Rose (my Mom's mother) was just diagnosed with breast cancer. They have found a tumor in each breast. Grandma Rose is one of my favorite people in the whole world. Both of my grandmothers have been extremely inspirational to me throughout my life. I have been feeling a lot closer to Grandma lately as well, as she has gone through "irish twins" and it has helped me so much to talk to her about things. I think it is even scarier for us because we have already had to watch my mom go through the treatments for this disease, and I think it is worse knowing what is coming. I remember how hard it was for my mom, who was only 51 at the time, and I can't imagine an 85 year old having to endure that.

It has also shaken Sarah and I up a bit, because my mom's doctor told her that this now establishes for us a "family genetic trend/history" for breast cancer. Growing up, I never in a million years thought I would have to think about this. Our chances of getting breast cancer as women who's mother and grandmother have had the disease have now risen to 65%. That blows me away.

So, whatever your religious inclination might be, I would appreciate any thoughts and/or prayers!

2 comments:

Christi said...

I'm so sorry Christy; definitely keeping your family in my prayers. Even one more reason that we need to get together for some hot tubbing and hugs.

Amber Tanaka said...

When I do "Relay for Life" this year I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts... and in my prayers in the meantime.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0