DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pools

The boys and I went to K-Mart the other day, which is now apparently another name for ghost town. I have never liked this store as it gives me the creeps, and I probably haven't been to one in about 2 years, but they were having a sale on backyard pools so I sucked it up and went in. I have been saving some birthday money from last year for forever in search of something that I could get to share with the family, and specifically the boys. I found one of those easy set pools on sale for about 50% off in their Sunday add, so I had to go. Normally, we go swimming at my parent's house, since it is a chance for me to get out of the house, to have some help with the kids, and to relax in a way I can't at home being the only adult around. But, I thought we would get this for emergencies when we can't get over there, and truthfully I don't know what kind of helacious chaos my life will be next summer (can you tell how excited I am to be the mother of 2 under 2?) So the dimensions on the pool didn't seem overly big at the store. Those of you that know me well are thinking, mmm hmmm, we know about your lack of geometry, math, etc. skills. It turns out that a diameter of 10 feet is a lot bigger than I thought.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I think they LIE about the actual dimensions of pools . . . ours is TONS bigger than I expected. So much for the safe little baby pool. :)

Adam said...

s- how do you know this?

And, is it even possible to get a totally level area? Even our patio isn't level!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0