DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 02, 2012

A Christmas Recap...A Little Late

We had a good holiday this year.  Charlie and Sammy are at a fun age (and I love that at Christmas time, they are both the SAME age!  This year they are 5!) where they are full of belief in the magic and wonder of Christmas and Santa, but they are also beginning to have a solid belief and understanding that Jesus is the reason we are celebrating.  I love watching their faith emerge, and see how important it is to them.  It's one of the many times I am glad we made the decision to send them to a private, religious school.

Here are some highlights from our Christmas celebration:

This is one of my ALL TIME favorite pictures of my boys.

I love getting the boys all dressed up for things.  I need to be better about making sure they have dressy wardrobe options.  It's something that I find easy to overlook with boys.

Jeff and I on Christmas Eve
Jeff hates having his picture taken, and rarely lets me get him in a good shot.  (This one was taken by Evan!  It helps to have someone else in the house who can click the shutter in an intelligent way.)  I am always a little sad when I see slideshows of couples at weddings, because pictures of Jeff and I are few and far between.  Our slideshow would have maybe five pictures.  So, I am super thankful to have captured this. 

It's a girl!!
My brother Creighton and his awesome wife Lindsey are expecting a baby in July.  This is my Mom discovering on Christmas Eve that IT'S A GIRL!!  We have 6 boys and now 2 girls as grandkids in our family.  This was a huge Christmas gift for all of us.  I can't wait to see these two become parents.

Sammy feeding "Elizabeth"
Someday Sammy may kill me for posting this picture, but I love it.  This year, my Sammy who is my rough and tough football obsessed boy, asked for a Baby Alive.  Jeff was slightly horrified and asked him why.  Sammy said, "I want to practice being a good Daddy!"  And how does that not melt your heart?  I love this about him, so Santa was on a mission to find a Baby Alive.  He named her Elizabeth, and I love watching how careful and gentle he is with her.  He is going to make a FANTASTIC husband and father someday.  You're welcome future daughter in law!!!

Evan's favorite gift of 2011
This year, despite my protestations, my brother Creighton and my BIL Luke bought Evan a TV for his bedroom.  Creighton also gave Evan an XBox 360 to go with it.  Evan loves his new additions to his bedroom...I'm just sad we may never see him again, as it's hard now to get him to come out of his room! :)

VERY early Christmas morning
This year my choir at church sang at midnight Mass, so this picture was taken very early on Christmas morning, after "Santa" had made his delivery.  I love this moment...everything frozen in a cozy Christmas scene, before the fun begins.

I hope all of you had a great Christmas too...I'm just sad we have to wait a whole year for it to be back.  I truly believe it's the most wonderful time of the year!!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0