DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Back to the Real World...

Tomorrow I head back to work.  I love being cocooned in the sense of timeless relaxation and rest that comes with Christmas vacation.  Sometimes I have no idea what day it is.  We spend large chunks of time in our pajamas.  We eat when we're hungry, play when we're bored, and sleep when we're tired, and NOT because we have to adhere to the crazy school time schedule.  I guess all things have to come to an end.

On Sunday, I could feel the inevitable end of break approaching, and as it happens every year, I get a crazy urge to organize the heck out of our house.  I have this thought that if everything is just so, our reentry into our regular schedule will be a little bit smoother.  And maybe it is for a little bit, but the crazies always come back.

At any rate, on Sunday the Christmas decorations came down and the regular decor went back up.  I hate to see the holidays go, but it is so refreshing in so many ways to put the house back in order and go back to the clean and orderly.

Yesterday, I cleaned out under the bathroom sinks, and I went to Target to stock up on supplies to reorganize and refresh cleaning supplies in each area of the house.  Then I REALLY went crazy and did a years worth of shredding and filing financial papers.  WHY do I put this job off so long?!!  It was boring as all get out, but at least it's done, and we will be ready to tackle the taxes soon.

Jeff has been home way more this vacation than he has been able to do in the past, and it has been heavenly.  I love getting to spend this time with him before the horrors of tax season begin.  It's the main reason I hate January.  It steals my husband away to the office.

Sigh...it's time, I know.  But I am going to be dragging my heels the whole way.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0