DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, February 02, 2007

Fun and Games at the Pediatrician's Office

Today I was brave (or stupid) and took both of the babies into the doctor at the same time. Charlie went for his 12 month check, and Sam for his 2 month check. What an adventure! Thank God Evan was there to help, as the visit involved 9 shots between the two, much crying and screaming, and much heavy lifting by me as I had to carry both Sam and Charlie around at the same time without the aid of the stroller. As a reward to me for surviving, to Evan for helping, and to Charlie for getting through 4 shots, we went to Runza and picked up lunch. (We had a half day at school).

Sam is now 15 pounds, and 23 3/4 inches. Charlie is 26 pounds, 32 inches. Both boys are in the 98% for height and weight. Dr. Byrne mentioned he felt sorry for us with our food bill when the boys are teenagers. I had to agree it will probably be horrible. Sam has amazingly not yet developed eczyma, the only one out of the three to not have problems with it by 2 months of age. He also hasn't gotten cradle cap yet, so Dr. Byrne says that might indicate he will have less skin and allergy problems (glory hallelujah!!) Charlie has been on an antibiotic for the last two weeks for his sinus infection that never goes away. I knew it hadn't helped his nose again as it is still green and gooey, but I was surprised to learn that he also has developed a double ear infection. So much for Omnicef. We are back on Augmentin. Charlie has been on CONSTANT antibiotics for the last 4 months, and it is getting pretty depressing, not to mention expensive.

Sam has also been sleeping through the night lately, which has been awesome, but Dr. Byrne also said that indicates he is fully capable of making it through the night without a feeding. So, he wants us to do the "fuss it out" routine with him at night if he wakes up, so he doesn't get back in the habbit of eating during the night. I am SOOOO excited about this! I can't wait to have my nights back to myself again, and it is such a relief to know that I am done with during the night feedings!!!!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0