DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 03, 2011

Back to the Grind!

I went back to work today, after a lovely and much needed two weeks off.  I needed the sleep, I needed the down time, and I needed the family time.  It's been a long first semester, and I definitely needed the recharge.  Although I wasn't overly excited this morning about returning to work when the alarm went off at 5:30, the day was nice.  No students today, just a work day to get things done in our classrooms, and I feel ready again to tackle some school work. 

Having a routine is good for me and the kids.  I am feeling ready to get started on 2011, and make a fresh go of things.

Now I just have to convince the boys of this!  Charlie had a huge temper tantrum before we left about how much he hates school, how bored his there, and how he absolutely would NOT be getting his shoes on, thank you very much!  Ever since we got home this afternoon, Evan has alternated between moping and wailing about how much he shouldn't be required to go to school, he already knows everything he needs to know in life.  The stubborn/ dramatic gene?  It runs strongly in this family.

As for me, I am going to try and stay positive, stay relaxed, and remember my New Year's goal of realizing I am NOT super mom, and I don't have to be either.  I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0